* Responsible for job allocation and job flow in the workshop including job scheduling and labor allocation for day to day operations.
* Co-ordinate resources, (operational and human) schedules and activities to effectively manage jobs.
* Ensure supplies are ordered for each job.
* Assist with quoting, project management, materials purchasing and quality checks.
* Ensure correct job numbers are used and that time records are correct.
* Manage inward goods, checking quantities, dispatching goods and receipting invoices
* Regularly report progress on each job and quickly communicate delays or concerns with the Director - Operations. Report on manpower overruns or shortfalls.
* Work with the Directors to investigate customer complaints and concerns arising from products and suggest appropriate solutions.
* Discuss with team to identify appropriate course of action.
* Develop and implement systems to record, file and store information pertaining to client enquiries.
* Identify staff that require on-going training and implement training opportunities to ensure their skills are improved.
* Work with apprentices and semi-skilled staff to role model appropriate technical skills.
* Provide feedback to staff that is not performing to the expected level and ensure human resources are informed of trends in performance.
* Promote a Health and Safety culture within the business.
Note: - Automobile Engineer Degree/Diploma is more preferable.