This position will play key role in building beautiful, intuitive, and clean visualization solutions to support our analytics and GIS business. We take extreme care and pride in developing creative and aesthetic designs to deliver our outputs. The candidate should have very strong design skills and concept in order to develop modern looking designs. Specifically this position will be responsible for developing a unique and creative visual style for our customer-facing web and mobile information delivery platform and web site.
The ideal candidate:
Must be passionate about design and developing creative designs that speaks to the person.
Must be technically strong to convert paper designs to real designs.
Must be able to combine data, information, and design to create meaningful and compelling visuals.
Has a broad portfolio and experience creating a cohesive design language across all media (web, mobile, print, and identity design).
Supports our sales team with creative design solutions for presentations, collaterals and various sales materials.
Establishes guiding design principles and communicate visual choices to cross-functional teams, explaining concepts both verbally and visually.
Ensures high-quality visual designsfrom concept to execution--including those for desktop, web, and mobile devices.
Push designs that inspire and solve problems for our users.
Create user interface (UI) concepts, user flows, and wireframes to communicate the details and direction of designs in their early stages.
Sending us: A great digital design portfolio either link / a pdf sample is a MUST
Desired Candidate Profile
Education: Design degree (computer, graphic design, communication design, media design, or a related field). A formal education in Interaction or Graphic Design, Human Factors, Art, or Computer Science
1. 6-8 years of related experience in the design field in creating beautiful, intuitive and user friendly user interfaces
2. Strong understanding of user interface and usability principles
3. Solid proven experience with data visualization and building rich Internet applications
6. Experience building responsive designs
7. Advanced knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Illustrator, InDesign, ImageReady, Flash and PowerPoint
8. Knowledge of cross browser compatibility
9. Awareness of current trends in browser, mobile, and user interface design
10. Creative talent and passion for visual design with ability to establish visual hierarchy, layout, typography, and color effectively
11. Ability to both lead and get hands-on
12. Able to work well with a team in a fast-paced, cross-discipline, and iterative setting
13. Able to understand technical implementations, and limitations
14. Excellent written, and verbal communications skills
15. Proactive problem solving skills
16. A voracious appetite for learning
17. Ability to translate marketing and business objectives into effective visual solutions
18. Ability to develop web pages using HTML/HTML5, CSS/style sheets, DHTML, etc is a plus
19. Experience in CMS (Joomla, WordPress, Drupal)