This is an excellent opportunity, with a range of benefits, for a Project Manager to head up the consortium and manage this important overseas project in India. The project is a world -class waste -water treatment and sewerage system extension and upgrade programme in Mumbai, with contract packages totalling over 600 million and the first contracts currently entering the construction phase. The programme includes the upgrading of all of Mumbai s major sewage treatment works (the largest with a capacity of 1700 Mld), new tunnelled main sewers and a new 4m diameter marine outfall, as well as major pump station and sewer upgrades. Project services include detailed design, and procurement and construction management and supervision of construction however the project is now moving into the construction phase and the focus will be on construction management and supervision of construction.Initially based in Mumbai, India, you will lead a well -established multi -disciplinary team of both international and national engineers and other professionals. In addition, the team in Mumbai will continue to have strong support from our UK head office.You will be Mott MacDonald s project manager, with Mott MacDonald being the lead partner of a consortium of major consultants. This is a challenging but extremely exciting major civil engineering project that should greatly interest and benefit the successful candidate.Reporting to our Mott MacDonald Cambridge -based Project Director, you will have overall responsibility for quality project delivery by the consortium to time and budget, project programming and management of staff and other necessary resources.
We are seeking expressions of interest from senior civil engineers, experienced in leading multi -disciplinary teams on large waste -water construction projects, in India, the UK or similar countries.
To apply for this position you will have:
- A relevant engineering degree (chartered desirable)
- Excellent presentation skills, interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills in order to communicate effectively with our client and internal teams
- An excellent international track -record of working for consultants on similar large projects in the UK and overseas
- Extensive waste -water design and construction supervision experience on major projects, particularly construction supervision
- Solid technical waste -water treatment credentials as well as programme/construction management experience in the waste -water sector
- Experience of large diameter tunneling and major marine outfalls would be a distinct advantage
- Responsible for construction, waste-water treatment, supervision, civil engineering, construction management, sewage treatment, water treatment, engineering, construction supervision, detailed design, civil, engineering project, tunneling, project delivery, career development