As head of technology the candidate will be responsible for working with senior business stakeholders and partners to facilitate the creation and oversee the successful delivery of a strategic roadmap of customer facing products that can be monetized in the market. The head of technology leads the core technology solutions team and defines the 'what', 'why', 'how', 'when' and 'how much'. The candidate will oversee and constantly improve a consistent, end-to-end process that delivers great value to buyers, sellers and advertisers on the platform. You will provide leadership to a matrix team of product leads, business analysts, solution architects, tech leads, developers, engineers, testers, system administrators and project managers ensuring a smooth work flow across each discipline, as ideas develop into deliverables.
The role is not a passive one and should provide thought leadership to the teams, business and industry. You will balance business and technology requirements by robust prioritization and trade-off sessions to deliver speed to market, monetization, profitability and quality. Start fast, continuously improve, co-opt for scale and efficiency are the essentials tenets of what we are building to deliver a great experience to our customers.
Experience and Skills Required:
Experienced in operating in complex matrix organizations managing multi-disciplinary teams. Able to work well with partners to build mutual value while ensuring consistent delivered quality in the market.
* A proven level of experience in a technology, e-commerce or internet business organization involved in B2C online product development, business analysis, product development or solution design
* Experience of mobile apps related technologies would be a huge bonus
* Experience of scaling applications to multi-million user base
* Good grasp of digital marketing technologies including on web, mobile, social & voice
* Exposure to tracking and analytics tools & techniques
* Demonstrable experience working with project managers and developers using Agile methodologies (e.g. Scrum, Kanban) & Waterfall methodologies
* Strong people manager with proven track record of team management and project leadership
* Strong written and verbal communicator, able to interact with Senior Management
* Experience: 5-10 years of work experience
* Industry: Consumer Internet (Commerce, Portals, Mobile, Analytics, Advertising Technologies)
* Functional area: Product engineering, Development
* Key skills: Product Design, platform architecture, engineering design, development, testing, deployment, performance monitoring and analytics.
* Required Education: B.Tech (IITs / NITs/ IIITSs/ premium schools)