The Manager will be responsible for managing a team of 50 - 55 members and will work closely with colleagues at onshore locations to address operational issues. Overall 11+ years of operations experience and responsible for overall performance of the team & ensuring that day to day operations function smoothly and issues are resolved. The Manager will assist in hiring people and would be responsible for conducting weekly meetings with the team as well as documented one on one on a monthly basis. Would be working closely with onshore peers to share best practices. Other responsibilities include cross -training, succession planning, preparation of Management reports and Departmental initiatives, and interfacing with the different depts. to ensure timely and accurate processing of all activities on a daily basis within the given timelines.
- Co-ordinate the activities of the team.
- Ensure quality/quantity of processing is maintained as per the SLA.
- Monitor volume inflow and ensure sufficient resource and workflow allocation in a justifiable manner.
- Serve as technical operational expert for queries from clients/team members etc.
- Building a strong mechanism to take care of volume peaks during peak season.
- Ensuring closure of tasks within prescribed SLAs.
- Ensure strict adherence to all internal and external process guidelines including compliance and legal so as to build and maintain robust control environment.
- Identifying operational risks proactively and mitigating appropriately.
- Serve as Internal/external escalation point for the process.
- Monitoring and controlling workflows.
- Ensure adequate back-ups created for all critical positions and assist other teams during contingencies (Staff shortage, high volumes etc.)
- Work very closely with the process owners/stakeholders and other internal clients for overall growth of the bank's business.
- Hands on with the process and be on top of the day to day processes and deliverables.
- Single point of contact in Mumbai for Global stake holders.
- Spearhead various process improvement initiatives.
- Identify & implement opportunities of Lean/Transformation Projects within the team.
- Create an environment of innovation & improvements.
- Identify areas of improvements through brainstorming with team members & onshore peer groups.
- Drive or Initiate projects which can add value to the process, people & business.
- Effective Manage a team size of 50-55 individuals.
- Staff development through strong engagement and Training Need Analysis
- Staff performance appraisals on regular basis. Regular 1-1s are conducted & documented.
- Engage staff in various Initiatives.
- Facilitate change initiatives within the team.
- Ensure career path is drafted & discussed frequently with staff.
- Manage attrition as per company standards.
- Responsible for conducting weekly staff meetings and monthly one on one session with the team.
- Ensure team morale and motivation is high through team building and regular interaction.
- Effective Delegation to direct reports.
- Ensure team work culture is practiced.
- Develop Career Development Plan for top talent and review on a periodic basis.
- Graduate / Post Graduate in Business Management / Commerce. MBA would be an added advantage.
- Lean Six Sigma certification would be desirable.
- Good knowledge about Capital Market Products
- Understanding about Collateral Management, OTC Derivatives products, Corporate Action, Valuations etc.
- Strong exposure to Migration methodology, Process Documentation, Project management, managing Global operations & stakeholders.
- Demonstrate ability to manage financial services operations staff.
- Strong analytical skills, detail orientation, service commitment, and excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to identify and develop strong working relationship with internal as well as external 'client' groups.
- Coaching and feedback ability
- Flexible to work in shifts.
TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Well versed with MS Office Applications
- Hands on experience on MS Access would be desirable
- Project Management Skills