More than 12 years of hands-on technical experience in the Networking domain.
Applies advanced subject matter knowledge to complex business issues, and is regarded as a subject matter expert. Frequently contributes to the development of new ideas and methods. Works on complex problems/projects where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of multiple factors. Exercises significant independent judgment within broadly defined policies and practices to determine best method for accomplishing work and achieving objectives. Leads and/or provides expertise to functional project teams and may participate in cross-functional initiatives. Provide mentoring and guidance to lower level employees. Acts as an expert providing direction and guidance to process improvements and establishing policies. Frequently represents the organization to external customers/clients.
Leads multiple project teams of other firmware engineers and internal and outsourced development partners responsible for all stages of design and development for complex products and platforms, including solution design, analysis, coding, testing, and integration. Reviews and evaluates designs and project activities for compliance with systems design and development guidelines and standards; provides tangible feedback to improve product quality and mitigate failure risk.
Provides domain-specific expertise and overall firmware leadership and perspective to cross-organization projects, programs, and activities. Drives innovation and integration of new technologies into projects and activities in the firmware design organization. Provides guidance and mentoring to less-experienced staff members
Technical Skills & Competency:
* Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
* Experience in overall architecture of networking drivers, firmware, IO Virtualization and interaction with hardware designs for products and solutions.
* Experience in L2/L3 switching product development
* Excellent operating system kernel and Linux internals understanding
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Experience in product development in C, C++, Linux environment
* Solution understanding and capability to abstract and present the concepts to teams, organization, customers etc.
* Ability to quickly learn existing architecture, design, implementation and effectively make changes to it.
* Expected to demonstrate leadership and provide technical consulting.
* System level architecture, design and implementation experience is required and should be able to quickly adapt to changes and should be able to closely work with partner teams.