This role is to manage around 120 people split across multiple teams in order to ensure that not only the clients Service Level Agreements (SLA) are consistently met as per the required timelines and budgetary constraints but also ensure that regulatory and management company requirements are effectively met.
- Management and oversight of the Transfer Agency to ensure agreed client deliverables are met and service meets or exceeds client expectations at all times.
- Liaises professionally with internal departments to resolve workflow issues, maintain clear communication channels, ensure mutually agreed expectations are understood and followed with the ultimate goal of achieving timely and accurate client deliverables
- Encourage & support single department culture between London & BLR
- Assumes ownership for migration activity, SLAs with global functional leaders initiating client migration activity and consistent reporting to local managers on progress towards achieving project plans for migrations or BAU (business as usual) deliverables.
- Conducts the performance management process, identifies training and development needs, and establishes performance standards for the unit.
- Determines staffing needs, makes hiring and firing decisions, handles salary administration, and ensures resources are available to accomplish priorities.
- Monitor the workflow and issues log to identify trends and process and productivity improvements (accuracy/risk, timeliness, and efficiency) and to produce MI,
- Ensure consistent and best practice is applied across all teams
- Encourage and support proactive training and development for Managers and their teams, including oversight of dedicated Training personnel
- Ensure that the Transfer Agency teams adhere to company standards for items including procedures, and BCP
- Manage allocated projects
- Employees are required to comply with the regulatory regime in which company operates as appropriate to the above role.
- Employees are expected to exercise due care and diligence, ensuring the areas the incumbent is responsible for are organized and controlled.
- Employees are required to observe proper standards of market, business and personal conduct, demonstrating integrity in the execution of duties.
- Management of the Transfer Agency in accordance with agreed budgetary guidelines
- Ensuring that KPIs are achieved in order to keep ASLs to a minimum.
- Own errors identified & where possible minimize financial exposure
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
- Must possess 15 years experience (minimum) in a financial services environment
- At least 10 years of managing teams of people, including demonstrable experience of handling challenging individuals and situations is essential
- Transfer Agency experience of more than 5 years, including a combination of Business Support and Controls, Document Management, Registration, Dealing and Box Management and Management Accounts
- A good knowledge and understanding of the relevant territory regulations (for e.g. FSA/HRMC)
- A good understanding of effective risk management
- Leadership and organizational skills are required to determine the unit goals, resources needed, and to assess and develop the skills of the staff.
- Excellent interpersonal skills for liaising your teams, other NT partners, and external parties
- Possess excellent numerical and written skills
- Computer literacy (including spreadsheet skills with Excel)
- Leadership (Addresses difficult issues, builds effective teams focused on goals, champions new initiatives, fosters development, gives timely feedback and coaching, Idea generator and sets challenging performance standards )
- Client Service and Quality (quality, relationship building and client satisfaction)
- Communication (presentation skills, listening skills, oral communication skills, allows others to express themselves and written communication skills)
- Self-management (adaptability and resilience, learning behavior, integrity and ethics and relationship builder)
- Interpersonal (relationship builder, respectful, resolves problems, people friendly and organizational savvy)
- Motivation (performance standards, achieving results and persistent)
- Thinking (creative thinking decision making, input seeking, logical thinking and solution finding)
- Administration (Anticipates needs, execution, planning, process specialist, quality seeker and time management)