Experience :12+ year of legal experience in Real Estate industry
Corporate Real Estate Legal handles all legal matters relating to real estate leasing transactions, acquisitions/dispositions, design and construction contracts, major building operations agreements and related real estate contracts. Our team also collaborates closely with professionals throughout the firm, as well as outside counsel and external service providers.
* Provide legal support to Corporate Real Estate Legal in the conduct of real estate matters, e.g., transactions, capital projects, building operations, critical systems and infrastructure in Asia and Bangalore
* Responsibility for periodic regulatory, corporate entity reporting and corporate housekeeping matters related to real estate entities.
* Assist on real property aspects of mergers, acquisitions and other corporate transactions.
* Review title reports and ancillary lease documents; respond to lease notices and estoppel letter requests.
* Review and draft a wide variety of contracts and correspondence including leases and lease-related documents, licenses to use, property management and amenities agreements, brokerage, agreements, routine notices, termination letters and amendments
Review and assist in drafting construction consultant and contractor contracts, including amendments of standard industry forms of contract such as FIDIC, as well as bespoke contracts
* Review and monitor letters of credit, guarantees, performance bonds, mechanic's lien filings, building department notices and firm wide policies
* Review and maintain library of contract templates and manage Corporate Real Estate Legal's online shared document library, including updating templates and related source documents
In all activities:
* Coordinate procedural steps toward the creation of streamlined processes to facilitate contracting; maintain and update template documents
* Liaise and coordinate with other relevant groups throughout the firm, including Legal, Corporate Risk, Compliance, Controllers, Tax, etc. and assuring that standard provisions are incorporated into all transactions and activities
Management of day-to-day internal corporate authorizations and procedural matters and interact with the business teams to address routine legal issues as they arise in day-to-day activities
* Uphold the firm's principles, business controls, ethics, policies and procedures, professional standards and reputation.
Experience and Skills:
* Demonstrable commercial real estate transactional/development experience (minimum of 6 years) gained in private practice with a top tier law firm, and/or with a large multi-national corporate organization
* Excellent organizational, drafting and communication skills: ability to multi-task across competing priorities; demonstrated commitment to excellence, focus and results
* Excellent interpersonal skills: ability to build and maintain strong relationships with relevant business groups within the firm; ability to work with a team of diverse individuals; ability to work collaboratively and willingness to be part of a Legal team that is dispersed geographically
* Highly motivated and proactive: ability to respond creatively and quickly in a fast-paced, high-pressure, changing environment; takes ownership of projects and has a strong work ethic
* Strong ability to take firm positions to protect corporate and reputational interests; keen business acumen