- Systems application development skills
- Strong analysis & problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills - both verbal and written
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Proven ability to use own initiative to resolve issues
- Full ownership of projects/tasks and E2E delivery
- Ability and willingness to work under pressure, on multiple concurrent tasks, and to deliver to agreed deadlines
- Eagerness to learn
- Strong team working skills
- Multiple years' Application Development experience in a mainframe environment, including coding using ADABAS/Natural and COBOL.
- Experience of development of CICS tasks
- Experience of mainframe facilities TSO, CA7, NDM, SYNCSORT
- Experience of MQ (message transfer process)
- Knowledge and experience of Microsoft PROJECT, WORD, EXCEL applications
- Knowledge of a Project Life Cycle with specific experience of the stages from Design through to Implementation.
- Experience of development of financial applications, including financial transaction processing, settlement, and accounting