- Collateral and Margin Services (CMS) is a critical risk mitigation function, responsible for safeguarding credit and reputational risk via collateralised trading relationships.
- The Portfolio Reconciliations team is part of CMS and performs a critical risk mitigation function within the department, protecting from the credit risk arising from its trading activities. The role requires a strong understanding of the underlying products and an ability to liaise with all areas of the business including Sales, Trading, Middle Office and the clients to ensure issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Manage and oversee the reconciling of clients portfolios across asset classes on a frequency determined by their classification and volume in order to identify mismatches.
- Produce monthly MIS on the number of breaks resolved and the economic impact to key stakeholders and take responsibility for providing relevant MI to senior management.
- Lead the collateral management unit to implement a proactive approach to dispute resolution.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with our industry counterparts to facilitate quick resolution of portfolio discrepancies.
- Communicate with on-shore teams raising any escalation items and participate in regular meetings.
- 2+ years experience within Financial Services / Banking industry in a Collateral Management and/or Portfolio Reconciliations environment.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of OTC derivatives.