Duties and Responsibilities:
* Provide technical guidance as well hands on management for all product development within the company
* Lead, manage and mentor a team of 20+ engineers
* Serve as a key member of the management team that sets the company's strategic direction.
* Define standards & best practices to support agile development processes
* Plan, track and estimate product development activities.
* Ensure the optimal application of technology and engineering resources to meet product development and/or customer requirements as per the product and/or marketing requirements document.
* Ensure that the product is fully and correctly defined and documented.
* Grow the internal information technology development organization; manage and recruit a multi-disciplinary high-performance technology team
* Ensure implementation of formal processes to support the product development process.
* Passionate about automated testing: Manage / drive testing - unit tests, system tests, regression
* Act as a primary Interface with senior management and operations team
Skills & Experience:
* Total industry experience of 4+ years building scalable and distributed software products and infrastructure.
* At least 5+ years of hands-on development experience on Python/PHP/C/C++/Java and Internet technologies with a track record of solid technical accomplishments.
* At least 5+ years of experience in managing software projects and people (multiple teams of 20 + engineers size)
* Prior experience in fast-paced/agile environments with high quality execution and solid track record of building technology teams/processes and infrastructure.
* Demonstrated team building and leadership skills.
* Demonstrated management in end to end delivery of large IT projects - from design, estimation, planning / tracking, testing to production support
* "Out of the box thinker" Must be a key driver contributing to the products roadmap and willing to take innovative product risk while balancing the road map for on time deliverables.
* Solid technical fundamentals, ability to convert business requirements into technical design for web based applications
* Good knowledge of SOA Methodology and Governance.
* Ability to adapt to new technologies to meet the changing demands of scalability and usage.
* Minimum Qualifications : Bachelors in Technology
* Masters or higher qualifications
* Experience in the E-commerce/Logistics Industry.
* Prior experience in a startup environment