Note : Prefers CUA Certification
Experience/Skill requirements :
- 5-10years of demonstrated experience as a user experience designer, information architect, interaction designer, information designer or similar role.
- Understanding of best practices, as well as strong knowledge of analysis, research and/or design principles and techniques.
- Experience in communicating and collaborating with senior executives, product managers, engineering teams design managers and other stakeholder teams to envision, define and implement designs.
- Ability to understand customer needs, motivations and behaviours and translate them into delightful customer experiences.
- Ability to communicate and demonstrate the value and rationale of own design decisions to business and technology partners.
- Strong desire for innovation, balanced with business needs, and customer expectations.
- Excellent communication, presentation and organizational skills, with attention to detail.
- Strong foundation in graphic design principles, typography, colour, iconography, visual identity design and appropriate visual design techniques for different delivery mediums.
- Possess an individual visual design style along with strong conceptual skills demonstrated within online software and mobile experiences.
- Ability to quickly build visual story boards, high fidelity interactive prototypes and visual design concepts in an iterative design environment.
- Expert skill level in the design tools, e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Fireworks, Flash etc. and prototyping tools like Axure, Visio, Omnigraffle, Microsoft PowerPoint etc.
- Previous experience in design of Mobile and Tablet based applications on iOS, Android, Windows and Blackberry platforms is highly beneficial.
Desired Skills and Experience :
- Lead junior or newly-hired UX designers, assign and monitor their activities, evaluate staff performance and manage escalated/critical issues.
- Ensure that the UX deliverables are in alignment with the client's business goals, expectations and budget
Preferred technical certification
- CUA/ CXA Certification from HFI or similar UX certifications would be an added advantage.
- Degree or Diploma from National Institute of Design (NID), Industrial Design Centre, IIT or any international design institutes would be an added advantage.
- Qualification or certifications in related fields such as interaction Design, New media design, Architecture, Graphic Design or Human Factors area is a plus.