The traffic engineer will be an integral member of the Middle East Transport Planning division and will play an important role in delivering numerous traffic engineering and transport planning projects. The role will provide an opportunity to develop skills in the traffic engineering field through numerous challenging projects.
The position comes with responsibility for delivery of traffic engineering design solutions, traffic management design, intersection design and input to transport studies, feasibility studies and scheme assessments. Developing a thorough understanding and practical working knowledge of local standards and guidelines will be an essential part of this role for the successful candidate.
Liaison with Mott MacDonald colleagues from other specialisms will be frequent as will contact with client and third parties. For this reason, exceptional communication and interpersonal skills are required to both convey the traffic engineering information and to grasp complex design constraints or information from others.
Candidates will have a degree in civil engineering or equivalent. They will have at least 4 years experience in traffic engineering, transport planning or highways environment.
The successful candidate will be:
- able to demonstrate experience in the delivery of traffic engineering projects.
- an enthusiastic and motivated team player with good interpersonal and organizational skills
- passionate about solving problems and relish identifying new innovative solutions
- have excellent written and verbal English communications skills
- able to work under pressure to deliver high quality outputs within tight timescales
- capable of using AutoCAD