Develop test plans based on System Requirements and high level development documents.
- Investigate product defects and highlight critical issues that can have potential customer impact.
- Develop and execute network management level test plans fully exercising the following areas: SONET/SDH interface compliance, OTN interface compliance, Ethernet routing performance, optical transport, performance management, fault management, network traffic and stress loading
- Develop automated instrumentation test software and testing procedures to systems level testing of new design and modified products.
- Consults with hardware and software engineering staff to identify and document functional interfaces and requirements to perform operational and performance testing at the module and overall system levels.
- Confers with hardware and software engineering personnel to resolve problems related to specifications and associated test plans/procedures.
- Work with customer certification test group on all levels of testing: component level testing, module level testing, system level testing, and network level testing.
- Analyze test results and prepare test reports.