Professional able to work with minimal supervision to develop basic and detail designs, engage in implementation and field testing for various communications infrastructure projects for the utility and transportation sectors.
We are looking for either an entry or intermediate level engineer.
Preference will be for candidates with experience implementing broadband systems and optical networking for rail and subway applications.
Candidates with additional experience in IP based networking and SCADA may have some preference.
- Able to perform planning, design and contract administration for telecommunications to support broadband systems, intelligent transportation and digital surveillance projects;
- Eligible for professional registration with PEO;
- Ability to deal with site contractors and work in both office and field environments;
- Knowledge with the use of specific fibre optic, networking and Radio design tools would be an asset, including BICSI with OSP underground and aerial design;
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and Bentley MicroStation would be an asset;
- Basic knowledge of Automation Equipment products and some background in digital and analog circuits would be beneficial;
- General computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications including Visio are expected;
- Outstanding teamwork, written and communications skills are expected.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Degree in Telecommunications or Electrical Engineering.