As a Technical Support Sr Advisor, you will be responsible for providing technical support across product lines via Phone, chat, web & Emails in 24x7x365 days environment. You will also assist customers with deployment of network security solutions like security services, wireless, VPN and others. You will be working for the Technical Assistance Centre in Software Group. Position is based out of Bangalore location and reporting to the Technical Support Manager.
* Handling Escalations
24*7 work environment with rotational shifts.
* Responsible for providing technical support across product lines via Phone & Emails in 24x7x365 days environment.
* Provide Technical Solutions and Workarounds for Resellers, Premium Partners , Enterprise customers on respective product line. Also, Handle escalations from Level 1 & Level 2 Engineers from the support team across the globe.
* Owns customer issues from beginning to resolution (handles in place). Assists customers by diagnosing problems and providing resolutions for technical and service issues.
* Handle Tier-3 escalations from peers, handle DM and sales escalations from the field based on the severity
* Need to follow the process and adhere to it as per the engineering/mgmt guide lines
* Attend new product trainings and help team to educate with new features. Focuses on delivering a positive customer experience according to standards.
* Candidate should work closely with the Engineering and other cross functional teams to replicate the issues reported by the customers, validate the bug fixes provided through various patch releases and resolve the customer issues in a professional manner
* Willing to work in 24x7 environments in night shifts including high-level stress and interrupt driven environment
* Good understanding of Security, LAN/WAN topologies and technologies.
* In-depth knowledge of OSI Model, TCP/IP, Network Security basics, Routing, Switching.
* Strong understanding of networking protocols, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, Wireless, VPN technologies
* Demonstrated ability to use in-depth troubleshooting to resolve or workaround customer issues using troubleshooting tools i.e. Wire Shark, Netmon etc.
* Experience in handling Enterprise products
* Candidate must have a strong customer orientation and should possess an excellent work ethic
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Information Sciences/ Electronic & Communications Engineering
* Experience in networking and network security support experience with solid understanding of LAN/WAN topologies and technologies
* 3+ years of support background in network/content security protocols, features, and policies
* In-depth knowledge of the network protocols: TCP/IP, Routing Protocols like OSPF, RIP, BGP, Firewall , IDS/IPS.