- Support engineers troubleshoot, debug, evaluate and resolve computer-identified alarms, perform software deployments and migrations, host management and automate routine operational tasks.
- The position requires a combination of strong troubleshooting, technical and communication skills and includes a mix of on call and operational tasks and may involve small-project software development work.
- Support team operates in - 24x7x365' manner; involve working in night shifts and on weekends in rotations.
- Support Engineers also develop tools and automation to achieve human free operations. They use the right tool for the job, and modify software in a way that leverages the overall system architecture.
If you have a strong Application Support background, are interested in aggressive growth and have passion to develop tools at large scale, this is the opportunity for you.
- A technical background (BS/MS in Computer Science/Engineering or related discipline/experience)
- 3 Yrs to 12 years experience
- Strong Unix base O/S experience or proven ability to pick up Linux quickly
- Ability to do scripting (any one of Shell, Ruby, Perl, Python etc.)
- Strong debugging/troubleshooting skills
- Familiarity with programming languages Java or C++ or C
- Ability to write complex SQL queries is added advantage
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Strong understanding of support - tickets, monitoring, processes and metrics
- A passion towards problem-solving
- Strong decision-making ability
- Must be able to think proactively; excellent follow-through and attention to details.
- Willing to work in 24x7 on-call support (on rotation basis)
- Knowledge on distributed applications/enterprise applications is plus.