The Transportation Configuration Team is looking for a Software Configuration Engineer who will act as first level support to work on Configuration changes of self service automation team along with other operational issues and activities related to Transportation process and optimization including Testing
Your solutions will impact our customers directly! This job requires you to constantly hit the ground running and your ability to learn quickly and work on disparate and overlapping tasks will define your success. High Impact production issues often require coordination between multiple Development, Operations and IT Support groups, so you get to experience a breadth of impact with various groups.
Primary responsibilities include configuration changes, testing, troubleshooting, diagnosing and fixing production software issues, developing monitoring solutions, performing software maintenance and configuration, implementing the fix for internally developed code (Perl, Ruby, C/C++, JAVA), performing SQL queries, updating, tracking and resolving technical challenges. Responsibilities also include working alongside development on Amazon Corporate and Divisional Software projects, updating/enhancing our current software, automation of self serv processes and documentation of our systems.
The ideal candidate must be detail oriented, have superior verbal and written communication skills, strong organizational skills, able to juggle multiple tasks at once, able to work independently and can maintain professionalism under pressure. You must be able to identify problems before they happen and implement solutions that detect and prevent outages. You must be able to accurately prioritize projects, make sound judgments, work to improve the customer experience, and get the right things done.
- B.Tech in Computer Science or a related field.
- 2+ years overall development/technical support experience.
- Object oriented development knowledge in C++ and/or Java.
- Knowledge of the UNIX/Linux operating system.
- Proven ability to troubleshoot and identify the root cause of issues.
- Demonstrates skill and passion for operational excellence.
- documentation skills
- knowledge in relational databases and distributed computing technologies.
- Experience with Linux
- Debugging and troubleshooting skills, with an enthusiastic attitude to support and resolve customer problems
- Other desired technical skills include Perl, Ruby, Oracle SQL.