As a Tech Support Engineer on the pickup point team, you will need to be specialized in software application support, hardware support as well as network support. This job will require you to provide on-call support for field technicians as well as communicate with Customer Service for any customer impacting issues. Your ability to learn quickly on the job and readiness to wear multiple hats in your day to day job will define your success in this team.
- A good candidate will display a high degree of customer obsession and the skills to deliver good quality results through coordination between development, operations, IT support and customer service groups. Your work will have a direct impact on our customers!
- Your primary responsibilities will include troubleshooting, diagnosing and fixing production software issues, hardware issues and network issues, developing remote monitoring and troubleshooting solutions, performing software maintenance and configuration and implementing bug fixes for internally developed code (Perl, Ruby, C++, Java).
- You will be required to provide timely and frequent updates on high-priority issues to the management team. Responsibilities also include working with field technicians, service vendors, service partners and location providers to ensure proper operation of the delivery kiosk stations.
- In addition, this role requires updating/enhancing our operational processes, preparing training materials for third party vendors and delivering this training to third party technicians.
- The ideal candidate must be detail oriented, have good verbal and written communication skills, strong organizational skills, able to juggle multiple tasks at once, able to work independently and maintain professionalism under pressure.
- You must be able to identify problems before they happen and implement solutions that detect and prevent outages. You must be able to accurately prioritize projects, make sound judgments, work to improve the customer experience, and get the right things done.
- BS in Computer Science or a related field
- 2+ years of technical support experience
- 2+ years of experience with scripting languages and SQL
- Good knowledge on CPE routing device technology including TCP/IP, DNS, firewall, NAT, port forwarding, DHCP
- Basic knowledge of routing, routing protocols, switching, internet and general network architecture
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Debugging and troubleshooting skills, with an enthusiastic attitude to support and resolve customer problems
- 2+ years of Object oriented development experience in C++ and/or Java
- Experience working with relational databases, and distributed computing technologies
- Experience working in 24/7 environment
- Demonstrates skill and passion for operational excellence