- This position is for an Engineer Analyst. Specifically this person will be involved in the engineering work associated with implementing new Data Virtualization technologies within the company.
MUST have skills:
- DaaS Pl-SQL (Oracle/Sybase/MSSQL, and/or NoSQL/Netezza/MongoDB, Bigdata/Hadoop), Java, C, Private cloud, strong in UNIX and Shell programming.
This position is for an SME Engineer Analyst. Specifically this person will be involved in the engineering work associated with implementing Data Virtualization technologies. The team is responsible for delivering technology solutions to its customers, the business sectors within, who rely heavily on diverse Data related tools to meet their demanding processing requirements. The successful candidate will engineer, implement and maintain Data Virtualization technologies and is responsible to for supporting application team in their usage of these tools.
- Certification and engineering tasks specifically relating to Data Virtualization tools and their interface with standard.
- Developing abstracted business views on top of underlying source databases using SQL. Development of tools, using mostly Java or scripting languages to both extend the tools capabilities and to add operational add-ons required to meet companies needs.
- Providing advanced technical support to operations teams and developers in their use and operation of the product.
- Assisting application teams on-boarding to the technologies as a trusted and valued subject matter expert.
(What opportunities to develop can the job offer a prospective candidate- )
- Develop Domain knowledge on - Related technology environment.
- Exposure to wide range of leading edge technologies, including Hadoop and BI tools.
- Subject Matter Expert & Technology Consulting across group technology horizontals.
- Experience of working in a very large technology environment and catering for the needs of a diverse set of business users
- Bachelor's degree (in science, computers, information technology or engineering)
- Very strong SQL experience gained with a major RDBMS solution (e.g. Oracle, SQLServer etc)
- Strong understanding of database technologies gained as either a developer or DBA
- Experience of data modelling
- Very good Unix skills
- Development experience, ideally with Java
- Good understanding of IT security
- Knowledge of any noSQL technologies and/or Hadoop would be an advantage
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written required.
- Organizational and project management skills required.
- Successful candidate should possess a strong work ethic, good interpersonal and communication skills and a high energy level.
- Ability to independently work with vendors in resolving issues and developing solutions
- Able to deliver results independently and without constant supervision.
- Proven ability to work with teams that are geographically separated
- Should be a self-starter with a high level of initiative.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills as candidate are expected to work with onshore & near-shore teams.