Overall Job Purpose
To support with little or no supervision, in accordance with IT strategy, and provide complex or specialist cross-platform technical support across infrastructure functions, for all appropriate business units.
* Build, test, implement, monitor, or support complex cross-platform infrastructure components according to PGDS standard processes and procedures, to ensure customer requirements/expectations are met.
* Liaise with relevant PGDS domains, the Business and external suppliers to deliver infrastructure components according to timescales, cost, scope, and/or provide technical support to meet service levels.
* Ability to produce detailed implementation plans and coordinate change implementation.
* Achieve best practice for Infrastructure Services to ensure Infrastructure and support deliverables/components are consistent with PGDS strategy and address applicable risk/security considerations.
* Contribute to the direction of technical programmes and the project teams involved, helping to contribute to the identification of training needs of team members where appropriate
* Compliance -Ensure that you understand and adhere to Prudential's Code of Conduct and, where appropriate, comply with all relevant regulatory policies. This includes completion of any mandatory training requirements.
Competence / Knowledge / Skills required
* Knowledge of the Financial Services sector
* Knowledge of significant regulatory processes
* Proven skills in recognising dependencies and planning activities
* Proven skills in dealing with suppliers for medium to large services
* Proven skills in infrastructure change governance.
* Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
* Excellent customer service skills
* Proven ability to analyze relevant facts and data and present logical solutions clearly.
* Ability to contribute to the production of high quality designs (including technical documentation)
Mandatory technical skills required
* Very good knowledge of administering WebLogic Server for the purpose of application server support (for a minimum of 5 years).
* Excellent experience of administering Apache HTTPD and Tomcat servers for the purpose of application server support (for a minimum of 5 years).
* Good experience in debugging and tracing issues through various enterprise architectures with a strong understanding of Java Stack traces, web server logs and middleware logs such as WebLogic, Apache, and Tomcat (for a minimum of 5 years).
* Good Experience working in a web-based application server environment for medium to large sized solutions (for a minimum of 5 years).
* Knowledge of J2EE and Web standards (for a minimum of 5 years).
* Good knowledge of Web Application Server Management tools including: Oracle DBMS, Application Packaging and Release Management, Web-server technologies, Web server security and monitoring (for a minimum of 5 years). .
* Minimum software versions required:
- Apache HTTPD v2.4
- Apache Tomcat v6 & v7
- JBoss v5.1.x
- Oracle WebLogic 10+
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux
* Fully conversant with OS level commands
* Competent Linux scripting ability
* Basic HTML
* PKI - Secure Socket Layer (SSL)
* Good understanding of TCP/IP networking, routing and configuration on Linux / UNIX
Desirable technical skills required:
* Oracle v12c (1 year max expected on this)
Technical Certifications required if any
* None essential
Other Experience/Skills Required:
* Good written and verbal skills are essential and proven track record of communicating and working with UK organisations.
Good Linux background, with experience in Opensource web servers and J2EE containers. Ability to work logically and diligently.
* Supporting project releases, webserver container configuration, problem determination and resolution.
* Administration of various web and middleware platforms including patching, maintenance, configuration
* Working with the business unit teams to complete deployment of code releases from various external vendors across a number of platforms.
* Liaising with external vendors during problem determination.
* Support the business unit during testing and troubleshooting.
* Planning and support infrastructure change, including system design and documentation.
* Keeping extensive documentation clear and up to date
* Will have industry recognized qualification in areas of specialism
* Good knowledge of industry standards and trends
* Will maintain Technical knowledge at appropriate level
Deliver technical support with little or no supervision with the following characteristics:
* Small to medium Technical complexity (across Platforms)
* External dependencies are likely or very likely.
* Requirements, deliverables and specifications will be clear.