Technical Manager will provide the technical leadership to the team of design engineers and CAD technicians for the projects assigned to him. He/she would be responsible for supervising the team in respect of project delivery. He/she would be responsible for technical performance of team and would assist HoD/Technical manager in planning the development of technical competence of the team.
Key Job Areas:
As a Technical Manager of the Building team you will be responsible for:
* Development and maintenance of high level of Precast concrete design and Steel design within the team in consultation with country business units
* Inculcate a culture of internal technical reviews to ensure design quality.
* Evaluate new technology advancements against existing design standards.
* Quality Assurance - Responsible for working within the provisions and guidelines of the Quality Assurance system relevant to the Project.
* Ensure the use of consistent design standards and best practices on projects in line with the technical direction of the discipline.
* Design and optimize the development process related to civil/structural design; Create new, innovative solutions.
* Mentor and coach other employees. Train and qualify experts in their field and actively passes on knowledge. Be responsible for know-how build up in own organization.
* Hold technical responsibility and coordinate implementation of technical concepts / implementation standards.
* Participate in continuous improvement activities by identifying and appropriately escalating process and product quality gaps, providing solutions when possible.
* Represent and bundle interests of own competency field and implement them, organize experience exchange
* Drive standardization and innovation in own technical field
* Ensure on-time delivery of Concrete / Steel Design drafting, as per commitment and scope, in line with full functionality of the system.
* Participate in technical reviews and contributing to tech discussions
* Develop unique concepts/solutions for complex problems
* Assist HoD in planning the development of technical competence of the team.
* Take on the role key account manager; help the GEC training academy in preparing the training material/imparting the trainings.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
We are looking for self-motivated team members who meet the following requirements:
* B.E/B. Tech degree in Civil Engineering from an institute of repute. M.E/ M. Tech is also a must with preference to candidates within concrete and/or steel structures.
* Must possess at least 15+ years of experience working on designing Concrete / Steel structures.
* Dynamic persons to lead a team of design engineers and detailers focused on the design of Precast Concrete Structures / Steel structures.
* Experience in design of steel structures and connection design is essential.
* Experience with detailing of structures using Tekla software is a plus, but not essential. Also, exposure to the European design code (Eurocode)/ British Codes (BS) is a must.
* Must have experience of working on international projects. Experience of working on projects from from UK/ Scandinavian countries/ Middle East countries will take preference.
* Most importantly candidate must have a solid technical understanding of the statics of structures, must have in depth experience at designing structural members and connections, and must be able to effectively manage a team of engineers and detailers.
* Good English communication skills are required. And should be able to communicate with his/ her counterparts from other countries.