We are looking for a highly motivated Senior Java Developer who is passionate about delivering high quality software and is ready to take on the challenges of working in a fast paced environment.
The person hired will be part of build-out of the Operations Regulatory Control development delivery team out of Pune enclave.
-- The candidate will be a part of the Regulatory Hub's core architecture team of highly technical people where everyone is a programmer.
-- He / she will be responsible for developing high performing, quality software solutions, libraries, services and generic frameworks using cutting edge technologies.
-- The position is based in Pune, India. This role will report to the product manager / architect in London and will have a dotted line reporting to the enclave lead in Pune.
* Design and develop new features and functionality using Java / JEE, Spring, HTML5, JSON, MongoDB, Oracle database and other technologies.
* Work closely with the architect, business teams, support and QA functions to implement and enhance software solutions.
* Focus on the performance and reliability of the products developed.
* Heavily involved in requirement analysis, design, development, testing and deployment phases.
* Contribute to code reviews and architectural discussions.
* Being a strong advocate of utilizing design patterns and OOP best practices.
* Be bright, enthusiastic, hard-working, a team player and focused to contribute as well as grow in the team.
* Show great attention to detail and produce high quality work.
* Thrive on problem solving and be able to work independently.
* Develop tools and processes to improve software engineering productivity.
* Follow agile methodology to manage stories and iterations.
Knowledge/Experience/ Skills Required
* More than eight years of experience in developing mission critical applications using Java / JEE technologies.
* Expert in core Java concepts, data structures, threads and garbage collection algorithms.
* Excellent understanding on the programming principles, design patterns and OO best practices.
* Expertise with concurrent programming, caching, clustering and replication strategies.
* In-depth knowledge on Spring framework, Hibernate and messaging implementations using JMS.
* Experience with NoSQL databases (especially MongoDB) will be considered a plus.
* Strong analytical, problem-solving, debugging and organizational skills.
* Excellent at team, client and interpersonal communication
* Bachelor's degree (in science, computers, information technology or engineering)
* Candidate should be willing to work late in the evening India time on need basis in order to interact with US onshore team and to meet urgent requests by Clients.