- Architect, Design, Customize & Implement LMS framework and lead development of custom plugins, APIs and application software components for 3rd party application integration using Enterprise / Open Source technologies.
- Contribute at an individual level while working extremely hands-on in coding, design and architecting the solution components.
- Enhance existing software architecture, custom implementations by analysing and identifying areas for improvement, optimization or refactoring.
- Work with the client for requirement gathering and detailing the functionalities.
- Create mock-ups and wireframes for clear definition of scope and workflows.
- Take care of task allocation and team management for smooth execution of project
- Constantly explore new and emerging technologies and techniques, and research ongoing industry developments/trends in the space.
- Mentor and lead the Moodle engineering team as a subject matter expert for all technology and architecture related issues.
- In-depth knowledge of Moodle 1.9 and 2.x and experience of customizing at least 4-5 mid to large size Moodle implementations in either education or corporate domain.
- Experience of having worked on customization & implementation projects on other Open Source / Proprietary LMS like Desire2Learn, eFronts, Blackboard, SABA will be an added advantage.
- Detailed experience of working on the SCORM 1.2 / 1.3 / AICC standards
- Good programming background with an ability to architect, design and develop solutions from scratch
- Advance level experience in PHP, HTML, HTML5, XML technologies
- Experience of working on wireframe & mock-up creation tools like Visio, Balsamiq, MockUps and project management tools like BaseCamp
- Experience of architecting / developing at least 2 large custom applications including non-functional requirements like Performance, Scalability, Availability, disaster recovery etc. will be an added advantage
- Should be proactive & self-driven individual capable of handling multiple roles & responsibilities.
- Excellent communication, facilitation and presentation skills.
Experience : 5 years + experience in Moodle