The IP Hardware Architect anticipates and defines the development of a given IP and associated sub-system in collaboration with System Architecture and development teams.
- The IP Architect owns the definition of the IP/Subsystem, anticipating the integration issues that SoC team will encounter.
- The IP architect gathers the requirements from the system architects and marketing, analyses these requirements and defines functional partitioning for an efficient IP implementation.
- The IP architect is an expert in understanding power, performance (bandwidth, throughput and latency) and area tradeoffs using the state of the art process technologies.
- The IP Architect works closely with development team to estimate tasks on new features or new IP to develop for a given sub-system and provide support to all teams involved in the development chain untl final product (design, verification, validation, software,)
- Specific expertise domains : Memory interfaces - DDR3/4 & Flash, Audio and Display sub-system, HDMI/HDCP, WiFi