Serving as a technology expert and evangelist, the Enterprise Cloud Architect will provide thought leadership to a cross-functional team to determine how to adopt cloud computing (private & Public Cloud) in customer/product development environment.
You will also be responsible for leading exploratory projects in Cloud Computing that will be used to define and articulate technology deployment strategies.
This position requires a deep understanding of the Data Center technologies like virtualization across compute, storage & networking domains, understanding of the evolving Cloud Computing market and competitive landscape, technology trends, and customer adoption trends and evolving technology needs. Candidates should be self-motivated and experienced technical leaders eager to research and identify critical solutions, manage multi-disciplinary, multi-company focus teams to achieve timely and quality results.
Prime Responsibilities :
- Interface with senior management to develop, refine, and execute the Cloud Computing strategy and roadmap.
- Manage proof of concepts, exploratory projects to identify, evaluate and eventually adopt most suitable Cloud Computing (Public & Private Clouds, IaaS, PaaS and SaaS) model for the customer with respect to the customers business context.
- Research and technical analysis of competitive solutions
- Collaborate with cloud computing colleagues inside and outside the industry to define Cloud Computing adoption models, best practices, use cases, guidance documents etc.
- Work with other technical and data center architects for migration plans encompassing infrastructure baseline, plans and road maps; application migration plans, requirements and needs; industry leading and evolving trends, techniques, products and vendors
- You will work with technical leads from infrastructure domains like Compute, Storage etc to develop a comprehensive technical architecture to support the multi-year agenda for cloud adoption. This architecture deliverable may also include development of integrated technology stacks designed for low cost efficient delivery of cloud services.
- Should be able to plan and lead all aspects of Cloud Infrastructure projects such as CloudManagement solutions, provisioning, inventory management, CMDB, monitoring, security, backup.
- In collaboration with the Program & Project Management teams, Respective Lead Solution Architects, you will develop and drive programs to ensure the infrastructure architecture and associated product solutions are delivered to the organization and the technical and business benefits are realized.
- You will lead Technical Architecture reviews in coordination with the Lead Solution Architects and various technical architects to determine if new products and solutions comply with the agreed architecture.
- You are expected to work at the architectural level within large IT organization, and be able to influence the brightest minds with logic and reasoning.
- Recent experience in Architecture, Design, and Implementation of highly scalable, highly available, Cloud (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS) services and solutions.
- Hands on experience in creating and deploying complex cloud infrastructure solutions in small and large environments.
- Hands on experience with some of the following service architectures: Amazon Web Services, Google Web Services, Azure, Terremark, Rackspace etc
- Hands on experience (4 5 years) with one or more of the following Hypervisors (e.g., VMware, Citrix Xen Server, KVM).
- Data Center architecture & design experience for large customer environments.
- Customer service experience with integration of infrastructure virtualization solutions with other platform technologies (i.e., Storage, Server, Network, Active Directory, Database, and other operating systems).
- Must have knowledge of leading storage & backup solutions.
- Familiarity with networking & security solutions like routing, switching, Firewalls etc.
- Experience in application development platforms like .Net, Java, LAMP.
- Knowledge and experience with DevOps, Puppet, Chef, and other Cloud technologies.
- Familiarity with data models (UML), and web services (RESTful interfaces) for IP based systems.
- Familiarity with Networking & Security technologies like routing, switching, Firewalls, IDS/IPS etc.
- Knowledge of prominent cloud standards and specification efforts (e.g., Openstack).
- Understanding of security standards and concepts.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to speak to technical and management levels
- Travel 25%
Desired Skills and Experience :
- Total experience 8 to 10 years +
- Relevant experience in Data Center architecture technologies, design & implementation 3 to 5 years+
- Relevant experience in Cloud Computing 2 years+
- Relevant experience in application development platform (.Net, Java, LAMP, etc) 2 Years+