Roles exist within the Credit, Equities and Rates / FX products Valuation Product
Control group whose main function is to perform independent price testing for firm's financial products like Credit, Equities and Rates / FX product exposure as well as have responsibilities in the reporting stream.
* independently verify the valuation of the Bank's derivative and other trading portfolios
* ensure that adequate provisions are booked
* report on the accuracy of reserves and valuations
* Improving current processes by working with on-shore team.
* Submission/review of valuations to/from TOTEM.
* Calculation of applicable fair value / model reserves.
* 10-15 yrs of Work Experience.
* Good understanding in any or combination of the following products -- Credit, Equities, Equity Derivatives, IRS, FX Swaps, Swaption, FX Options, Exotic Interest Rate & FX Derivative Products.
* Solid understanding of valuation inputs, deal structure.
* Candidate should be effective in creating a healthy and strong learning working environment and adapt to different personalities.
* Have basic understanding of accounting standards such as FAS 157, FAS 166 and other conventions such as Mark to Market (MTM), Available for Sale, Held to maturity and practical application of these. Keep up with changes in MTM accounting.
* Ability to multitask, work independently. Willingness and capability to build a solid control environment.
* Ability to identify issues and initiate solutions.
* Bachelors in Finance, Accounting or some quantitative or technical field.
MS Finance/Any other Masters Degree in Finance would be preferred but not essential.
* Proven experience and very good knowledge of Microsoft Excel and pivot tables.
Experience with Macros is an advantage.
* Demonstrate flexibility and manage time-zone differences effectively.
* Ability to ensure and deliver timeliness and quality of output.
* A working knowledge of Bloomberg & Totem is an advantage