* Agile development methodologies
* Java, Struts 2, Guice, Java EE, JSP
* Ajax, RequireJS
* Database: JDBC, JPA/Hibernate, SQL. Oracle
* REST, SOAP
* Unit Tests, Selenium Tests,
* Build: Git/Stash, maven
* Amazon Web Services (AWS)
* Excited about building world-class software solutions that improve lives.
* Significant understanding of object oriented design and programming
* Exposure to developing multi-tier, scalable, and browser based applications. Cloud-based applications leveraging AWS is highly preferred.
* 6.5 to 13 years of solid hands experience with Java (primary language). Other languages (C++, Ruby, Python, etc. will be considered)
* Data modeling, design and database programming using a variety of relational (Oracle, MySQL) and No-SQL technologies (MongoDB, CouchDB, Cassandra, Neo4j). Data integration, data analysis, data mining, and ETL technologies knowledge is a plus.
* Significant experience using Agile software development methodologies
* Prior exposure to scripting languages (e.g. Python, Perl, Bash) on Linux or Unix
* Values simplicity in software architecture, design, and practices (DTSTTCPW, YAGNI, refactor ruthlessly)
* Has experience, instincts, and enthusiasm around testing and testability
* Is authentic, transparent and leads by example, holding self and others accountable. Inspires, motivates and collaborates with others
* Experience working with geographically distributed team
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to effectively document artifacts and processes then explain them to others
* BS/MS in Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics or equivalently technical disciplines.
* Exposure to Medical, Bioinformatics, Genetic/Life Sciences domain applications
* Experience working in a Scrum environment
* Experience with any of biology, genetics, bioinformatics, clinical assay development, drug development, genomic data, and molecular biology