Articulate in standard written and verbal communication.
Resources having worked in 24x7 environments & as on-call roles preferred.
Acts as team member by providing information, analysis and recommendations in support of team efforts.
Willingness to participate in non-standard working-time models (e.g. shift, call availability etc...).
Clear communication skills and Ability to work independently.
Able to guide team members and take full responsibility and ownership.
Operating System Installation
Managing the Installation and Configuration of:
- System Patches
- Network & remote printers
- Paging Memory
Performing Cluster related activities.
- Configuration of MC-service Guard Clusters
- Failover/Failback Activities of Cluster Packages
- Applying Changes made to Cluster and Package Configuration files
- Creation/removal of Cluster Packages
- Creation/removal of Cluster Volume groups & file systems
Executing activities related to LVM including:
- Mounting & Unmounting of file systems, creation of new file systems, removal of file systems.
- Adding of NFS file systems.
- Logical Volume Management, creating and extending of new PV, VG, LV.
- Configuration and management of LVM boot disk on PA-RISC and Integrity servers
- Configuring and managing Disk mirroring, striping using Logical Volume Manager
- File systems backup and restore using tar
- System Security Administration by adding restricted FTP users, adding users, password restrictions, time based login, password reset as well as renewal of the same password.
Monitoring and optimizing system performance and reliability using tools like Perf and Extract.
Performance monitoring using utilities likes NETSTAT, IOSTAT, SAR, TOP and GLANCE
Maintaining a scheduled process through CRON.
Swap space management
Entire system backup and restoration using make_*_recovery
Configuring and managing network interfaces.
Configuration and Management of Network Services: NFS, NTP, Sendmail, Samba, etc.
Working on Npar, Vpar and Superdome for all OS related issues.
Coordinating with Vendor for Hardware troubleshooting and replacements
Providing support for Linux Servers
Management of System backups through Ignite on Tape Media and Ignite server.
Management of Application/Database backups through Data protector.
LUN configuration on HPUX
SAN and NAS technology awareness
Troubleshooting problems related to:
- Hardware and HP-UX OS failure.
- Users, LVM, Patch, Backup, Cluster, Network etc.