Job Title : Team Lead -- Server Operations
Reports To : Site Lead (IT- Infrastructure)
Location : Pune
Reporting locally to the Site Lead Pune IDC Infrastructure, the successful candidate will be responsible for managing the Pune based server Team, overseeing the global support server infrastructure.
Key aspects of the role will include, but not limited to:
* Linux/Solaris/Windows/Vmware server system administration.
* Actively managing the daily workload, and scheduling and executing planned change/project generated workload
* Manage tasks assigned to her/him by the server team manager
* Management of Global server infrastructure to defined standards
* Schedule and document regular changes according to company's change management rules & guidelines
* Ensure that production environment is kept stable and efficient
* Adherence to the documented governance guidelines
* Propose, document and implement new enhancements as required
* Liaison with applications, database groups etc on server related matters, providing technical advice & guidance as appropriate.
* Provide at all times an excellent, fast and responsive service to other teams
* People management
* ITIL process adherence (change, release, incident, problem management)
* Exposure on managing big server environment and responsible for L1-L3 level o activities
This is a senior level position. We are seeking candidates with 10+ years overall in IT Infrastructure space with 5 years or more Financial Services Industry experience. Candidates should have extensive Solaris/Linux/ & Windows system administration knowledge. Good hands-on experience with VMWare& other supporting virtualisation solutions would be of great benefit, as would experience working with EMC storage solutions & NetApp NAS solutions. This role requires a great deal of liaison and communication with various teams and individuals around Asia & the US, therefore the successful applicant will have the highest level of communication and interpersonal skills. It is vital that an active, self motivated team player fills this role.
Experience in leadership of a technology group both in terms of man management & workload prioritisation
Demonstrable knowledge in setting, measuring & reviewing objectives
Experience with performance reviews & managing disciplinary matters
Prepared to work unsocial hours as & when required
Demonstrable knowledge recording/tracking/prioritizing/scheduling work against available time and resources
Degree qualified in Computer Science/Engineering or relevant/equivalent working experience.
Technical Experience/Technical Knowledge:
* Must have hands on UNIX administration experience on SUN Solaris, Red hat Linux, Windows Server
* Must be familiar with the Sun , HP , server ranges
* Experience with Veritas VCS, VxVM and VxFS would be an asset
* Experience with Server virtualisation solutions (preferably VMWare) would be highly beneficial
* Experience working with EMC & NetApp storage solutions would be an advantage
* Experience Shell scripting/ Perl for developing system administration tools is essential
Fluency in written and verbal English is essential.