- Responsible for proper application of revenue recognition rules alongwith the appropria te position of services tax as is applicable to the professional services sector. This currently entails a real-time review of each client contract and suggests appropriate structures where required. Involves significant interaction with the Service Lines teams and the clients.
- Supervises the completion of all Indirect Tax reporting, filing and compliances requirements including Service Tax, VAT, Octroi / Entry Tax, customs, works contracts tax etc. as applicable.
- Should be able to handle a team of 3 to 4
- Should be able to handle the cases, assessments, Govt. / departments audits, submissions etc.
- Ensuring correct availment of Service tax CENVAT credits / VAT input credits and discharge of liabilities properly within time.
- Effective Management of routine Indirect tax matters Resolving major operational issues in a timely way.
- Have spent atleast 4 to 5 years handling Indirect tax matters and supported assessments and litigations. Must have appeared before tax authorities either independently or in conjunction with Consultants and has good communication and presentation skills.