Leading and coordinating the planning and management of direct tax assignments independently including
o Review and finalization of corporate tax returns, TDS returns, E-TDS returns
o Preparation of legal submissions
o TDS advisory and compliance
o Handling scrutiny assessment proceedings, appellate proceedings
Client interface, liaison and relationship. Understand macro and strategic issues on client engagements.
Building and managing a team including recruitment, appraisals, developing and ensuring smooth functioning of the various levels of the people working in the department.
Balanced allocation of work to team members
Managing operations in crisis situations.Develop sound value based solutions and apply technical knowledge in delivery of complex solutions to clients.
Contribute to firms profitability by generating additional work from existing clients and supporting in selling new client proposals.
Expand opportunities with existing clients, identify and act on referrals in relation to the Service Line.
Providing perspective to clients on trends and emerging practices in the local and global market in relation to clients operations.
Is involved in developing new products, services and delivery methods linked to the area of specialization.
Strong contribution to knowledge sharing efforts. Improving processes so that the team and firm capture and leverage knowledge.
Proactively taking up a leadership role, working in cross service line engagements, mentor and coach team members and help in resolving people issues of the group.
- 8 to 12 years experience in corporate tax matters including compliance, advisory and representation
- Ability to research and interpret tax law
- Knowledge of Corporate Law, FEMA, Transfer Pricing
- Good accounting knowledge and exposure to working in an ERP environment
- Proven leadership abilities
- Very good communication skills including legal/technical drafting
- Very good interpersonal skills
- Should be willing to travel to client location whenever required
- Should have been working with a consulting firm preferably