1. Good understanding of OSI Model, TCP/IP protocol suite (IP, ARP, ICMP, TCP, UDP, SNMP, FTP, TFTP).
2. IP addressing & subnetting, Routing Concepts(OSPF,BGP) , VLSM/CIDR
3. In-depth knowledge of L2 technology and protocols like VLANs, VLAN Tagging (IEEE 802.1q), LACP, VLAN trunking, STP (IEEE 802.1D and other 802.1 implementations.).
4. Good working knowledge of Security related products like IPS/IDS, UTMs like URL Filtering, AV, Anti-Spam and High Availability.
5. Strong knowledge in VPN: Design, Implementation Scenarios, Connectivity troubleshooting and other Algorithms such as DES, 3DES, MD5, SHA, PKI, IPSEC Site to Site & Remote Access VPN
6. Security, Firewalls, access and perimeter control, vulnerability management and intrusion detection. Strong knowledge on various attacks like SYN flood , Replay attacks and the mitigation techniques
7. Good working knowledge of Application layer protocols and functions such as FTP, DHCP, DNS, SNMP, HTTP/HTTPS, LDAP, Radius, User Authentication Mechanisms, SMTP etc.
8. Proven knowledge and practical application of Firewall Security.
9. Implementation scenarios, configuration and troubleshooting of Firewall related issues.
10. VOIP & SIP
Network Security / Firewall TAC Engineer
Experience: 1 4years (Firewall / Security)
Certification is must.
CCNA Security- Cisco Certified Network Associate Security
CCNP Security- Cisco Certified Network Professional Security
CCIE Security -Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert Security
CCSP -Cisco Certified Security Professional