Contributes to technical vision, strategy, design and usability principles that enable world-class Cloud Solutions on OpenStack.
Work with engineering managers and Lead Cloud Architects across divisions to develop world-class coding standards, design patterns and practices and to develop integrated features and tools.
Analyzing and recommendation of key technology partners.
Consistently evaluate current or emerging technologies to shape strategic design of services in consideration of cost, portability, compatibility, or usability factors
Evolution of the software engineering practice within the organization, including better reporting, tools, and evolution of agile development methodologies/practices.
Designs enhancements, updates, and programming changes for portions and subsystems of end-user applications software running on local, networked, and Internet-based platforms.
Analyzes design and determines coding, programming, and integration activities required based on general objectives and knowledge of overall architecture of product or solution.
Writes and executes complete testing plans, protocols, and documentation for assigned portion of application; identifies and debugs, and creates solutions for issues with code and integration into application architecture
Collaborates and communicates with management, internal, and outsourced development partners regarding software applications design status, project progress, and issue resolution
Education and Experience
Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent
10-15 years experience in Development & Implementation around Web or Cloud based or Infrastructure management Solutions.
* Strong development experience in Openstack, Infrastructure Virtualization, system management, Cloud Environments
* 10 to 15 years of strong experience in Enterprise/Infrastructure related products
* Strong Experience in Python
* Knowledge in mysql, Postgresql, etc.,
* Development skills on Linux platform is a must
* Strong exposure to Application servers, message queues, web containers etc
* Working knowledge in any of, vSphere, HyperV, Amazon EC2 recommended.
* Exposure to server storage, network, load-balancers, firewalls, VPNs.
* Tools including Eclipse, SVN, Maven, Jenkins etc are added advantage.
* Exposure to cloud computing or cloud platforms like Eucalyptus, Cloudstack, Vcloud director etc.
* Deep internal knowledge of VMWare, HyperV, EC2, Google AppEngine, Azure.
* Tools Exposure: Findbug, SONAR, Eclipse, SVN, JMeter