Translate business requirements in to technology solutions
* Support the delivery teams to ensure high quality
* Be able to work on multiple technologies such as SOA, BPM, EDA, Portals, ECM, Big Data Analytic solutions etc.
* Collaborating with business and IT onshore partners to act as a bridge b/w business and development teams
* Experience building large scale distributed data processing systems/applications or large-scale internet systems (cloud computing).
* Strong foundational knowledge and experience with distributed systems and computing systems in general.
* Demonstrates ability to lead without oversight a technical design of a Cross Technology Solutions (Java/J2EE, .Net, Big Data, COTS products)
* Demonstrates ability to recommend the design and architecture patterns to be used for a particular application.
* Demonstrates a deep understanding of high availability and failover applications and plays a lead role in at least one end-to-end design and implementation project that covers the relevant topics.
* Should have hands-on implementation experience designing for redundancy to avoid single point of failure in solutions on at least one technology stack along with an ability to compare alternatives in a given situation and proposes the best solution for the need at hand within the technology stack options.
* Identifies effective solutions for complex business problems at each level of the application tier, which would include, but not be limited to, client standard operating environment definition, network, perimeter, security, and data redundancy.
* Proactively defines operational processes for maintaining backups, disaster recovery and business continuity, webservers, application servers, database servers, SAN and redundancy sites for large operations to ensure availability and failover.
* Demonstrates good knowledge of alternatives available across multiple technologies within the open source and commercial world, evaluates them, and successfully proposes the best solutions that fit the clients' needs.
* Plays a key role in the creation of logical architecture diagrams for at least two complex applications and/or systems.
* Works with open source and commercial tools that may be used to create and model the logical architecture for an application.
* Defines processes to be followed while creating a logical architecture diagram.
* Captures the various tiers of the architecture and models them in the diagram along with the various external systems and interfaces that the application interacts with in the environment.
* Accurately maps use cases and requirements to the components in the logical architecture diagram and further down to the packaging and deployment diagram.
* Can identify use cases that need to be detailed to create a logical architecture diagram
* Can identify Enterprise Architecture patterns to be leveraged in the Logical Architecture Design.
* Is able to coach and mentor others in use of GoF, GRASP and other design patterns.
* Drives the creation of deployment diagrams, composite diagrams (packaging diagrams), object diagrams, timing diagrams and state diagrams using UML notation.
* Effectively evaluates the various tools available in the marketplace (open source and commercial) that support UML and suggests the right tools to use to accomplish the project objectives in terms of documenting the requirements of the project using UML notations.
* Experience with sizing and capacity planning
* Experience with performance tuning and optimization
* Experience with a range of big data architectures, including OpenStack, Hadoop, Pig, Hive, Greepnplum or other big data frameworks.
* Broad understanding and experience of real-time analytics, NoSQL data stores, data modeling and data management, analytical tools, languages, or libraries (e.g. SAS, SPSS, R, Mahout).
* Have a passion for Big Data technologies and a flexible, creative approach to problem solving.
* Have extensive experience with data implementations, data storage and distribution
* Have made active contributions to open source projects like Apache Hadoop or Cassandra
* Have a solid track record of building large scale systems utilizing Big Data Technologies
* Excellent understanding of Big Data Analytics platforms and ETL in the context of Big Data