1. Understand CLIENTS business goals, the Information Solutions strategic plan and industry trends to help define and implement Big Data and Hadoop Technology for the company.
2. Assist with leading Hadoop Big Data efforts through all phases of systems development including problem definition, analysis, solution conceptualization, requirement definition, technical design, development, testing, implementation, and support adhering to development methodology and development best practices.
3. Work closely with the various teams within CLIENT premises that are using Hadoop as their big data solution including the Data Science and Strategic Analytics team, the Enterprise Applications Team and the Global Engineering Solutions Team to ensure their Big Data needs are met in the Hadoop environment.
4. Provide installation, upgrade, patching, configuration and support (hardware and software) for the various Hadoop components including but not limited to: Hadoop, Flume, Hbase, Hcatalog, Hive, Hue, Impala, Mahout, Oozie, Pig, Cloudera Search, Sentry, Spark, Sqoop, Whirr, ZooKeeper and Cloudera Manager.
5. Manage user security and groups for permissions within HDFS and understands File ACLs.
6. Create proper documentation to assist with the management of the Hadoop environment and conduct cross training with Enterprise Databases Team members to facilitate 7X24 coverage for our Hadoop environment.
7. Work with the Infrastructure Management to properly establish workload priorities and set target dates for projects.
8. Provide monthly status reports rolling up through Senior Management.
9. Provide rotational after hour on-call support for the Hadoop environment.
10. Support for occasional after hour/weeknight and/or weekend project implementations.
11. Backup and recovery/disaster recovery support for our Hadoop environment.
12. Day-to-day interaction with Database Administrators, Developers, Scheduling, Storage, Windows and UNIX Administration Teams.
13. Day-to-day Operational activities required to keep our Hadoop environment running smoothly.
14. Work effectively within a globally dispersed team environment.
4+ yrs of Exp in Hadoop administration is mandatory
Willingness to work in the client location