The responsibility includes :
Working within the larger Platform and Services team the responsibilities of the Cloud File Transfer
Platform Services Engineer include:
- Supporting the Kronos Cloud SFTP solution.
- System Upgrades and Patching
- System break fix
- Support of client file transfer tools
- Quarterly environment reviews
- Vendor environment audits
- Internal review
- Failover availability testing
- Documenting system as well as operational run books for level 2 support
- Assisting customers with any SFTP needs
- Setup of SFTP accounts
- Managing file transfers
- Produce monthly Secure File transfer Reporting
- Provide daily shift reporting
- Work within a follow the sun support team in support of true 24x7 operations
- Support overall Platform Services teams operational ticket / queue management
- Assist in training level 2 staffing in the support of the SFTP service
- Support and work within the ITIL support structure for Change, Problem and Capacity management.
- Related Bachelor's degree plus 5 years direct experience or 7 years of related experience supporting enterprise computing services.
- Experience supporting enterprise Secure File Transfer Solutions
- Experience in a Hosting, SaaS, or Cloud environment is strongly recommended.
- Global scape is the preferred application but other enterprise solutions include
- Ipswich Move IT and Move IT DMZ
- Strong experience and skills with PGP file encryption
- Troubleshooting skills with both WAN and LAN connectivity
- Solid understanding and hands on experience of Windows Administration (Server 2003/2008/2012): Active Directory, SMTP, DNS, SFTP troubleshooting skills, tuning windows for performance and Application and OS patching
- Experience directly supporting external customers with mission critical services is a requirement.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- ITIL experience or certifications in the following areas is a strong plus:
- ITIL foundations, Change management, Problem management, Capacity Management.