Job description :
- The individual will be responsible for the day-to-day support, maintenance, researching, analyzing, testing, documenting and installing DB2 systems software in a datasharing / non datasharing environment.. This position will work closely with several Infrastructure and Operations organizations such as Performance Engineering, Online/Database Subsystem teams, Production Assurance and Enterprise Command Center to ensure high availability and deliver quality support services. This high-energy, results oriented job requires a balance of strong technical skills and business processes, a sense of urgency & ownership in resolving issues, creativity, work schedule flexibility, adaptability to changing business conditions and a commitment to customer satisfaction.
- Research and apply proactive software maintenance.
- Perform problem diagnostics and resolution. Contribute to root cause investigation.
- Update system configuration and resource definitions when required.
- Provide input on infrastructure architecture related issues.
- Document changes to infrastructure configuration.
- Research and implement new DB2 related technologies on the System z platform.
- Monitor DB2 systems performance and tune when appropriate.
- Use performance reports/metrics to identify improvement opportunities.
- Strong knowledge of ITIL processes and procedures
- Perform peer review of change events, assessing impacts and risks.
- Provide creative solutions and build scenarios utilizing best in class methodology/tools.
- Constantly analyze processes and methods, striving for improvement to both systems and the environment.
- Train resources upto Skill Level 3 in DB2 systems programming.
- Develop wellness check scripts, processes and procedures for other support personnel. Develop and communicate IT standards.
- Prepare for and perform disaster recovery exercises
- Provide technical leadership. For example, lead reviews of impact analysis and fitness for purpose.
- Traits of an Ideal candidate: Should have more than 6 years experience in Mainframe DB2 system programming activities; relevant experience with current technologies.
- This job will encompass IBM and ISV product installs and upgrades related to DB2 such as DB2, IBM DB2 Tools, HPU, CA DB2 Tools, File-Aid/DB2, Omegamon XE/DB2, TMON/DB2, BMC Tools, Shadow Direct for DB2 etc on variety of mainframe and z/OS operating systems, transitioning products from test to QA to production environments, and providing business area / end user technical support.
- Good Knowledge of SQL, DB2 online and offline utilities, ZPARMS, DB2 logs and BSDS, DB2 Commands, DDF etc
- Must be proactive, possess professional skills, must be able to be hands on, ability to handle stressful situations and maintain composure under pressure; team player; excellent communication skills; technical agility, technical leadership and project planning skills.
EDUCATION: Diploma or Bachelor's degree (or above)
- 15 years of Minimum Education required
- 6 years of minimum relevant work experience
Level - Masterd DB2, OS/390, JES2, SMP/E, RACF/ACF2, SDSF, TSO/ISPF, JCL, PARMLIB/PROCLIB customization, ZOS Utiliites, SMPE.IBM and ISV products like DB2 Adminstration Tools( CA RCQUERY, CA DB2 Utiliites, CA Thread Terminator, File- Aid/DB2, BMC Utilities, DB Admin, HPU), Performance monitoring tools (Omegamon/DB2, TMON etc.)
Level - Applied DB2 DRDA Connectivity, DB2 Security, DB2 Local and Disaster recovery, DB2 DataSharing, DB2 Performance Analysis.
Strong interpersonal skills, communications skills, leadership skills and ability to work as a team member are essential
Fluent written/verbal communication in English
Additional information :
- Consistent with IBM's policy on diversity & equal employment opportunity, we encourage qualified persons with disabilities to apply for this vacancy. Please refer to the following instructions while uploading the resume, If you are a Disabled applicant / are referring a disabled candidate for a relevant vacancy, add "_PwD" to the last name while uploading the resume".
For example, "Naveen (First Name)", "J.(Initials)", "Kumar_PwD (Last Name)
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Note: Looking for immediate or 7-15 days notice period