- The individual will be responsible for the day-to-day support, planning and building of z/OS systems. This position will work closely with several Infrastructure and Operations organizations such as Performance Engineering, Online/Database Subsystem teams, Production Assurance and Enterprise Command Center to ensure high availability and deliver quality support services. This high-energy, results oriented job requires a balance of strong technical skills and business processes, a sense of urgency & ownership in resolving issues, creativity, work schedule flexibility, adaptability to changing business conditions and a commitment to customer satisfaction. Knowledge on deploying Linux for zSeries is a - nice-to-have- skill for this profile.
- Research and apply proactive software maintenance.
- Perform problem diagnostics and resolution. Contribute to root cause investigation.
- Update system configuration and resource definitions when required.
- Provide input on infrastructure architecture related issues.
- Document changes to infrastructure configuration.
- Research and implement new technologies on the System z platform.
- Monitor systems performance and tune when appropriate.
- Use performance reports/metrics to identify improvement opportunities.
- Strong knowledge of ITIL processes and procedures
- Perform peer review of change events, assessing impacts and risks.
- Provide creative solutions and build scenarios utilizing best in class methodology/tools.
- Constantly analyze processes and methods, striving for improvement to both systems and the environment.
- Train resources upto Skill Level 3 in systems programming.
- Develop wellness check scripts, processes and procedures for other support personnel. Develop and communicate IT standards.
Prepare for and perform disaster recovery exercises.
- Traits of an Ideal candidate: Should have 5 or more years experience installing, configuring, implementing, tuning, and debugging z/OS in a large I.T. environment; leadership in mainframe projects; relevant experience with current technologies. This job will encompass a variety of mainframe and z/OS operating system software installation/maintenance/support assignments. It may also include ISV product functionality comparisons, de-commissioning of existing products, installation of new products, transitioning products from test to QA to production environments, and providing business area / end user technical support.
Must be proactive, possess professional skills, must be able to be hands on, ability to handle stressful situations and maintain composure under pressure; team player; excellent communication skills; technical agility; project planning skills.
# EDUCATION: Diploma or Bachelor's degree (or above)
- 15 years of Minimum Education required
- 5 years of minimum relevant work experience
Level - Mastered: z/OS, OS/390, JES2, SMP/E, RACF/ACF2, HCD, SDSF, TSO/ISPF, JCL, CA/Compuware ISV Products experience, Output management Tools (CA-View/OnDemand), Unix System Services, Scheduling products (CA-7 etc.), Tape Management products (CA-1, RMM etc.), PSP/RSU maintenance, PARMLIB/PROCLIB customization, Sysplex Operations, z/OS Utilities, Catalog management, Performance monitoring tools (Omegamon etc.)
Level - Applied: JES3, VTAM, Sysplex Implementation/Recovery, GRS, IPCS, Problem determination, Exit coding
Strong interpersonal skills, communications skills, and ability to work as a team member are essential
Fluent written/verbal communication in English