Level of Support
> 3 years
Scope of Work
In this position, candidate will be responsible for providing Level 2&3 UNIX System Administration for IT operations through problem resolution and process improvement.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Partner with application owners to provide UNIX solutions/support to achieve the business objectives.
- Work across internal IT support organization including, DBAs, network operations, and application support teams, system architecture, etc. to provide support for multiple business environments
- Provide daily support and troubleshooting for test and production hardware, software, and operations issues
- Provide 7x24 on-call support as part of an on-call rotation to resolve and prevent IT issues
- Deployment of automated processes to regain efficiencies
- Develop processes to leverage Level 2 support team for support activities
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Familiarity of supporting web and application servers such as Tomcat and Apache is a plus
- Experience with Linux (Red Hat, Suse) is a plus
- Skills in Perl and Unix shell programming is a plus
- Experience in Storage and Clustering technologies
- Experience in Veritas Foundation suite of products. (Netbackup, VCS, VxFS, VxVM, etc.)
- Working knowledge of NIS, NIS+, LDAP, NFS, SAN and DNS protocols
- Knowledge of UNIX security and authorization functionality.
- Troubleshoot complex problems for maintaining high available environments
- Balance work across multiple projects and priorities with overlapping schedules
- React with urgency on issues/needs of business environment.
- Able to think strategically to provide recommendations that align with organization and IT Operations goals in a cost effective manner
Projects and Deliverables:
- Will be required to lead complex projects, commit to delivery schedules, and drive completion