Strong administration skills in Windows 2008, Windows 2012.
* Active Directory- DNS, DHCP, Group Policy, File & Print, Share, Event Viewer.
* Full understanding of server virtualization (ESX) and centralized storage (NAS and SAN)
* Working experience with vSphere systems administration and support including VMotion, HA, DRS, VDS, Affinity rules, VCenter, storage migrations, and P2V migrations
* Experience with vSphere problem determination, capacity planning and root cause analysis.
* Working experience with vSphere Thin Provisioning, Resource Pools, Host Profiles, and Storage plug-ins
* Working experience with configuring and deploying VMware ESX on HP ProLiant servers and HP Blade
* Performs troubleshooting as required. Leads problem-solving efforts and other support personnel and/or organizations.
* Manages the day-to-day operations of the servers by monitoring system performance, configuration, maintenance and repair. Ensures that records of system downtime and equipment inventory are properly maintained. Applies revisions to host system firmware and software. Works with vendors to assist support activities.
* Ensure that all Windows and network configuration systems have fully functional offsite backups which are checked daily and restore-tested on a regular basis.
ADDITIONAL GOOD TO HAVE SKILLS:
* Technical, analytical and interpersonal skills required
* Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) and VMware certified Professions (VCP) certifications are a plus
* Storage and Linux 6.x experience a plus
* Ability to communicate in an understandable, polite and friendly manner, both written and verbal
* Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task in a small business environment
* Exposure to cloud related technologies.
* Exposure to patch Management and Root cause analysis is a plus
* Worked in an offshore/onsite engagement model
* Willing to work in rotational Shift and 24/7 support
PRACTICE SPECIFIC :
* Instill customer confidence by working with prospects at both a technical and business level
* Implement complete project life cycle - from capturing customer requirements to delivering solutions on time
* Contribute to practice development by creating reusable components and sharing key project-learnings within the practice
* Execute proof-of-concepts
* Participate in and actively support mentoring relationships within practice
* MCA / BE / BTech