* Monitor physical DBMS for performance and capacity requirements.
* Plan and implement physical DBMS performance improvements.
* Recommend operating system tuning to address DBMS performance issues.
* Implement Physical Database changes in support of normal data growth.
* Analyze and tune physical memory, cache partitioning and IO contention using sp sysmon.
* Utilize appropriate Problem Management Processes and Tools.
* Management and resolution of DBMS problems.
* Manage DBMS error logging.
* Report problems and communicate with DBMS vendor and DBMS tools vendors for support.
* Participate in incident reviews as required.
* Support the product, which may include: -Identify problems related to installation, update, configuration, operations or performance - Resolve problems - Advise on potential resolutions and their implementation - Implement suggested resolutions to the satisfaction of the customer.
* Assist with Hardware / Software planning.
* Perform Installation of database software.
* Support DBMS Software (Upgrades / Security Patches).
* Installing Audit Functionality's and Auditing Login's and database object.
* Install and maintain related database management tools.
* Create Physical Database.
* Provide input to Data modeling / Design Logical Database (i.e. DDL).
* Make recommendations / suggestions on DBMS design.
* Implement recommended configuration for higher availability.
* Execute object DDL to create database objects (i.e. tables, indexes, procedure, etc).
* Move database objects between physical structures (i.e. development to production).
* Execute DBMS system tasks to manage application database objects.
* Comply with customer and IBM Security Standards.
* Create / Initialize database security roles.
* Maintain database security accesses at database and object level.
* Managing System Administration Server Login's, Database Users and Groups.
* Manage database availability and resources.
* Perform remote Database administration.
* Manage Database Space (allocated and used).
* Manage and perform Backup/Dumping the Database/Transaction.
* Manage physical DBMS configuration.
* Manage and perform physical database maintenance (including running of appropriate utilities, jobs, scripts).
* Manage job scheduler for database maintenance jobs.
* Monitor size of the physical database objects.
* Perform database re-organization to improve performance, reclaim space etc.
* Provide input to planning and implementation of database data loads/exports/imports strategy.
* Provide 24x7 DBMS support for production servers or as required by SLA.
* Perform database monitoring using agreed upon enterprise level tool.
* Provide input: Database Capacity and Performance Planning (objectives, growth expectations, etc ).