Ability to work on call and respond to production failures
Involves researching, developing and delivering effective solutions to support the infrastructure systems ensuring the application of current and emerging technologies.
Role: Support and admin
Experience -- Essential
* Monitor physical DBMS for performance and capacity requirements.
* Plan and implement physical DBMS performance improvements.
* Recommend operating system tuning to address DBMS performance issues.
* Implement Physical Database changes in support of normal data growth.
* Analyze and tune physical memory, cache partitioning and IO contention using sp sysmon.
* Utilize appropriate Problem Management Processes and Tools.
* Management and resolution of DBMS problems.
* Manage DBMS error logging.
* Report problems and communicate with DBMS vendor and DBMS tools vendors for support.
* Participate in incident reviews as required.
* Self-driven and able to work by yourself or within a team; Be able to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines;
* Flexible and dynamic style;
* Team player;
* Client Facing Skills - May be required to meet with the client to enable technical engagement to occur
* Day to day management and support of servers;
* Being part of a team of technical specialists in service delivery and transitional projects;
* Monthly Reporting;
* Implementing Ad-hoc project work requests; On-call cover and out of hours support.