As a Support Engineer, you will be part of the NOC team that supports and maintains mission critical products. You will be involved in ensuring the availability of the Products and the infrastructure on which they are hosted. You will be learning about the supported Products and related technologies. You will be working closely with the SME teams in US that have expertise on these. You will be collaborating with the US NOC and Product Managers and SMEs in carrying out your day to day activities. You will also be coordinating across various infrastructure and DBA team while supporting the products that are part of the NOC. You will have access to various monitoring and troubleshooting tools that you would be using to do a investigation and resolve issues. You would also be responsible for doing a Root Cause Analysis and take necessary Corrective Actions to prevent reoccurrence of issues.
* Support the operational environment that provides the company client facing applications and meets the requirements of service availability and recoverability.
* Communicate system outages to various levels of stakeholders
* Support and resolution of helpdesk service request tickets
* Ownership of Infrastructure and responsible for service uptime / availability
* Ownership and accountability
* Ability to work as a team and individually for troubleshooting/investigating problems
* Ability to coordinate with Infrastructure support teams and get things done
* Ready for onsite travel for knowledge transfer or related activities
Qualifications & Skills required :
* Graduate or Post Graduate (preferably in computer science or related course)
* 4-8 years relevant experience in Product Support L2 level
* Strong communication skills
* Open to work in a 24*5 profile with weekend on-call support
* Working experience in a NOC environment where high availability of applications had to be ensure
* Strong background in IIS Administration & Support
* Demonstrate deep knowledge of IIS and ability to troubleshoot issues
* Experience with SQL and MySQL (Mongo, Hadoop is a plus to have)
* Experience with various security concepts and tools
* Experience with automated deployment tools
* Platforms- Windows 2000/3/8/12 servers/ Linux
* Working knowledge of .Net applications and experience in supporting such type of high availability products
* Good networking skills (Load Balancers, Firewalls etc.), experience working with Wireshark or other network troubleshooting tools.
* Good understanding of Virtualization, Cloud Computing
* Demonstrate skills of troubleshooting applications & infrastructure
* Hands on experience and ability to do root cause analysis, incident, problem & change management
* Self-starter, drive the issues to the resolution, ability to execute without the supervision.