This is a position in Center-of-Competence in Analytics and Watson Experience (AWE-CoC) that is part of Business Analytics and Strategy service line in client.. AWE-CoC is a consulting unit that is dedicated to adoption of Cognitive Computing and related Advanced Analytics for client worldwide. The position requires excellent understanding of analytics in at least one of the following four areas structured data analysis and programming; unstructured content mining; natural language processing; and machine learning.
Role and Responsibility
This is a Subject Matter Expert (SME) role, with focus on adoption of business analytics and cognitive computing in client settings, where both structured and unstructured analytics are important. The successful candidate is expected to possess hands-on analytics expertise, client-facing consulting experience, and acumen for solving business problems using quantitative methods like statistical modeling, mathematical optimization, logical visualization and cognitive computing. The responsibilities include demonstration of thought leadership during consulting engagement as part of either pre-sales initiative or delivery project.
- Expertise: Understand and Use quantitative techniques or computational algorithms to solve problems in any one of the following four functional areas - Structured data analysis and programming; unstructured content mining; natural language processing; and machine learning.
- Experience: Overall industry or academic experience (7+); overall relevant quantitative experience (2+).
Preferred (not Mandatory):
- Industry exposure: Banking / Insurance / Securities / Retail / Tele-communications / Manufacturing / Oil and Gas
- Domain expertise: Customer Analytics / Supply Chain Optimization / Fraud Analytics / Risk and Regulation
- Academics: Graduate work (PhD / Masters) in any scientific discipline.
This is a world-wide role that may involve frequent, global travel, up to 70% of the time. The candidate must be fluent in English. Prior international exposure or cross-cultural awareness will be a plus. The role requires strong inter-personal, conflict resolution and collaboration skills. In addition, the candidate must demonstrate excellent communication skills for effective CXO-level interaction.
experience in Domain expertise: Customer Analytics / Supply Chain Optimization / Fraud Analytics / Risk and Regulation
At least 2 years experience in Domain expertise: Customer Analytics / Supply Chain Optimization / Fraud Analytics / Risk and Regulation