State Head - FMCG/F&B
Key Responsibilities :
- The role will be the main sponsor for all initiatives related to sales and distribution aspects in the assigned state/states.
- Oversee the planning & execution of value product business in the assigned state/states.
- Execute Sales & Distribution strategies of Value Products in the region so as to deliver Sales Volume and Market Share.
- Build distribution Infra in the assigned states.
- Formation of entire sales team recruitment of ASMs, Supervisors, promoters
- Formulate Sales strategies specific to states - sales growth, adopting/ implementing systems & best practices, distribution, Db operations and Management, cost reduction, taking the state to the next level of execution.
- Ensure Execution of the plans, through his ASMs in his region to deliver growth, Geographic Penetration and Spread, Capability building/People Management
- Coaching the team.
- Assist in charting out portfolio expansion in the state.
- Ensuring continuous focus and senior management support across organization during the entire journey
- Strategy and AOP:
- Understand the fundamentals of the Value business and build a clear strategic road map for the State, keeping in mind the longer term strategic directions of the region. This will form the basis of the AOP.
- Build necessary plans to consistently grow shares in each category. Responsible to Drive Value Business themes in each of his ASM territories. Accelerate Cost
- Effective Growth, drive productivity. Achieve volume targets (Month wise/Qtr wise breakup), & pack targets. Drive ground level marketing initiatives.
- Responsible for state AOP and act as an FPR. Responsible for forecasting (both monthly & quarterly) for his/her states.
Productivity and Financials :
- SS/Distributor/Depot Sales tracking & strategic use of such data, Tracking of Distributor ROI (Viability) on a regular basis in each of the ASM territories
- Deliver productivity through Discount management, Distributor ROI, L&D Management.
Market Share :
- Recognize market forces and trends very quickly in the assigned State and bring in the necessary level of dynamism to execute the AOP.
- Engage in constant monitoring of all competitive activities.
Process Improvement :
- Ensure Sales Processes in line with company intent
- Institute regular review mechanisms at different levels to revisit the progress on the priorities set out at the beginning of the year
- Understanding of 3P agreements and applicability
Role Description : State Heads/SM
- Manage internal customer relationships within the organization by displaying an ability to understand perspectives of other functions
- Establish remediation strategies to address internal miscommunication issues and either redefine roles or reset expectations between marketing, finance, sales, supply chain, HR and operations
Team Building :
- Work towards building trust across all employees in the system by living and promoting the company values
- Ensure very high level of mentorship for all DRs by engaging actively with them on operational issues and providing the necessary coaching inputs for enhanced delivery of objectives on both BR and PR.
- Partner with HR and drive People Core People Processes across the team
- Own the frontline functional skill development and Development Action Plan
Key Skills/Experience Required :
- MBA (Sales & Marketing) with 8 - 10 years of proven experience in beverage/FMCG/Telecom sales.
- Demonstrated functional expertise with a FMCG company for a period of 5 years in a Sales managerial role, preferably the franchise management
- Past experience in preferred market
- Experience of handling large projects, require significant change management effort is a positive.