As a Sr. java developer you will be involved in researching, exploration and developing some of the cutting edge solutions in the area of Location Based Services.
* Development, implementation and maintenance of new and existing applications for both internal and off-source use
* Build and improve web applications and software components
* Work collaboratively with QA engineers through participation in the testing process and review of QA documentation
* Write unit tests, automated regression tests and tracking defects as they occur
* Consistently deliver work product(s) that exceed department quality metrics
* Ensure that the long-term architectural and performance strategies are considered with designing and coding solutions
* Participate in the development of technical specifications for our products, driving any new technologies that have been adopted into actual use
* Provide input to architects and product management on issues and concerns
* Support efforts to improve the existing software development processes used by engineering
* Stay current on our shared component library to help insure we are reusing shared components
* Driving and Mentoring team of Engineers to achieve product goals.
* Location tracking and monitoring
* Reports with enterprise reporting tools.
* Design and development of map based web user interface
* Design and development of integration with SAP and CRM system
* Design of modules based on requirements
* Creating technical specifications other documents for requirements
* Development of API for interaction between system components and external systems
* Support System capacity planning and deployment architecture to Project Lead and Systems team.
* 2+ years experience with MYSQL or Oracle
* Experience with object-oriented development, database development and knowledge of design patterns
Nice to have:
* Passion for delivering great product with simple intuitive powerful user experience
* Appreciation for Product Engineering.
* Expertise with Agile development methodology - Scrum.
Candidate Should Also Possess:
* Experience working in fast-paced, collaborative, team-oriented environments.
* Passion for the customer and technology.
* Ability to adapt to new development processes and changing business requirements.