Key accountabilities/ roles / responsibilities:
Play the in-charge role on the audit engagements
Draw initial conclusions on client queries, being alert to both commercial concerns and technical accuracy and referring upwards if necessary
Perform fieldwork on assigned clients, assisting with the setting of budgets and pricing, scheduling audits, selecting staff and assigning workloads, developing the audit strategy, all within the Audit Methodology, and using technology tools
Identify issues for reporting in the management letter, and other communications with management, and drafts the final documents for review by manager and partner
Budget time allocation to assignments and explain variances from budget and collects cash on time
Lead and manage the audit team in the field on large assignments
Supply or attend briefings which are clearly understood on all assignments
Ensure completion of audits/projects within agreed timescales and budgets.
Graduate degree in Accounting or related field;
Professional qualification CA, ACCA, ACA, CPA, CMA, CIA (is a must)
Knowledge of IFRS/ I-GAPP/ US GAAP.
At least 6 years in public auditing and accounting, preferably with a Big 4 Audit firm;
Knowledge of best practice reporting and International Financial Reporting Standards;
Some experience outside the normal audit field, such as agreed-upon, accounting support and other transaction support engagements
A strong team-player
Ability to multi-task
Able to work with minimal need for guidance
Ability to use a wide range of techniques to analyse an issue
Can communicate openly and honestly, even with difficult messages
Can use previous knowledge and experience to the benefit of the client
Ability to work under pressure and maintain composure, especially during peak periods.
Global Skills and Behaviours:
- Developing people
- Developing junior members of field team through clear and direct through on the job coaching & feedback e.g. on KAM, and counseling & career guidance
- Is involved in formal coaching and development of others (ERFs and on job coaching)
- Maintaining good relationships with others,
- Looking for ways to work productively with others.
- Showing consideration for others and acknowledging their view
Delivering quality service
- Planning tasks effectively, for self and team, by assisting in the development of realistic client service plans, breaking them down into manageable tasks, setting milestones, identifying resources.
- Monitoring progress of projects against budget and deadlines