This profile will be responsible for building up a system that reports key enterprise data, tracking and forecasting this data on a regular basis, and will take charge of communicating this information in an understandable, analyzed format to key business partners. This system will underpin both everyday business decisions as well as long-term strategic choices that are made by Company. This profile will be part of Finance team, and will be based out of Company's Bangalore office.
Key Deliverables & Responsibilities
1. Primary responsibility
a. Create and manage an accurate and timely enterprise reporting system. This system will form the bedrock of weekly and monthly reporting of revenue numbers, operating metrics, cost, profitability and business forecasts.
i. Understand current systems and how they can be built on
ii. Collaborate with larger team to identify key metrics, define needs and acquire data
iii. Make sure metrics are reported on time and accurately, with an eye to action
b. Communicate key information to business partners regularly and with an eye to action.
i. Make sure information is presented in consumable format
ii. Create derived metrics, dashboards and other aids in order to drive towards action
iii. Work with internal business partners to clarify data, fill in missing information, interpret and forecast as required.
c. Lead annual bottom-up budgeting process and enterprise performance review process
i. Coordination of department-level plans
ii. Integration of these plans into company plan
iii. Acquiring and processing information about enterprise-wide costs and creating the company-level P&L
iv. Creating and maintaining department-level P&Ls to monitor performance at department-level
v. Create a schedule of performance reviews (monthly/ quarterly/ annual) at department and company-level with identified key metrics
2. Secondary Responsibilities
a. Perform ad-hoc analysis as input into specific organization-wide or department-wide projects
b. Keep track of external movements in the analytics & adjacent spaces and create benchmarks as far as possible.
c. Adopt new tools and better ways of doing things as necessary
Qualifications and Requirements
- MBA in Finance or professional qualification in Finance from reputed institutions
- 7+ years of relevant experience in financial/ management reporting, specifically dealing with Operational and Financial metrics
- Preferably demonstrated ability to work in high-growth/ startup-type environments and in building up systems from scratch
- Demonstrated, very high level of competence in MS Excel
- Experience in working across teams and collaborating with multiple stakeholders
Desired personal attributes
- Strong problem-solving ability, ability to go beyond the spreadsheet and interpret data; integrate and synthesize large amounts of data; draw conclusions, not just present data
- Willingness to get their hands dirty, do the data pulling themselves instead of depending on a team
- Strong interpersonal skills, the ability to work with diverse stakeholders, acquire data and influence decisions
- Ability to work in resource-poor environments, take initiative and get things moving
- Ability to work to a deadline
Candidates with excellent communication skills.
Experience in financial/ management reporting, specifically dealing with Operational and Financial metrics
Team Handling experience