The Senior Installation Engineer - Jacket & Decks will functionally report to the Snr Manager Project Engineering and at project level to the assigned Project manager. The engineer shall have responsibility for performing engineering studies, preparation of installation procedures, and direction of the contract scope of work offshore, for the project to which he is assigned.
* Resolves technical problems with customer's field representative and company's operations personnel.
* Assists in project planning, material procurement, and equipment readiness.
* Assists in barge rig-up or special projects related to platform installation.
* Coordinates the efficient flow of information among company personnel and to the customer with the installation Project Engineers.
* Prepares stowage sketches and oversees offshore material barge load-outs of platforms, or other materials in fabrication yard.
* Coordinates on-site platform installation operations by assisting the derrick barge superintendent.
* Reports progress to the project management team during offshore Jacket &topsides installation.
* Prepares and submits post-job analysis of assigned projects for review by management if no Installation Project Engineer was assigned.
* Provides technical assistance to the company's operational personnel and the customer's representative.
* Performs calculations to determine proper rigging is used and ensures the approved factors of safety are fulfilled for lifting, and quality control measures are ensured.
* Monitors technical aspects of the correctness of the results being obtained.
* Coordinates the fabrication and/or assembly of installation aids for offshore Jacket and Topside installation.
* Reviews Project Hazid and action plans. Insures actions are closed out.
* 5+ years industry experience, 2+ years jackets and decks installation experience
* Installation and Salvage of offshore oil and gas facilities projects
* Coordination of offshore welding procedures and consumables with the welding department
* Piling and leveling operations of offshore structures
* Preparation and coordination of load out and tie-down drawings for the transportation of project facilities and materials
* Coordination with safety department to prepare project Hazid's, JSA's, and TRA's
* Hold meetings with customers, field supervisors, project team members and others to coordinate job planning, track project, and resolve conflicts
* Maintain project records
* Assist in the preparation of offshore reports and commercial documents
Special Education/Training/License/ Experience
* BS in Engineering or related field.